This page is public, but it serves as an informational page for prospective guests to the show.
What is Lounging with LannaLee?
Lounging with LannaLee, adventures in conversation, makes a difference through adventurous conversations. A weekly audio podcast that’s an unedited, face-to-face, half-hour conversation between LannaLee (me) and a fascinating person that answers the question: How do we make the world a better place? Guests are passionate musicians, activists, geeks, nerds, actors, writers, artists, and business professionals.
Who is LannaLee?
I’m a podcaster, actor, humorist as well as an award-winning balloon twister, clown and speaker. [More info here.]
Since 2010 I’ve co-hosted The Lex and Lanna Show with Alexis Lyon. In 2011 my husband Edmund and I started a bi-weekly podcast, The Bureau of Awesome.
My personal blog, Musings of Lanna Lee Maheux, is here.
Previous episodes of Lounging with lannaLee located here.
What will we talk about?
We will talk about you, your passions, and your creative process. The conversation will start by answering the following questions, and go on from there:
- How can we as a society make the world a better place?
- How do you make the world a better place? (Can you? Will you?)
Our goal: to have a lively and interesting conversation.
I have an anything goes policy for my podcasts; we want the full truth. We will talk about whatever you want to and feel comfortable talking about, including your life, career, family, spiritual life (or lack thereof). Note: all conversations are unedited.
Also note: if you have something to plug, whether it’s a book, a blog, music, art, by all means, you are welcome to do so.
How long will it take?
The conversation itself will take around 30 minutes, however, I would count on the whole process taking up to one hour.
Where will the interview occur?
To record I use a portable recording device, (the Zoom H2 Handy Portable Stereo Recorder), so we could hold the chat anywhere. I’ve recorded podcasts in my home office, in my van, at a friend’s apartment. A small room is best, but not absolutely necessary.
What will happen the day of the interview?
We will spend around 15 minutes discussing what we will talk about. Then we will record the chat. Once the chat is over, we might have someone take our picture together and do a short promo video for the podcast.
How do I become a guest?
If you haven’t been contacted by me, but would love to be a guest on Lounging with LannaLee, please fill out this form for consideration.
Why should I become a guest?
Let’s hear from a couple of past guests about this:
“LannaLee this is like really just one of the best interviews I’ve had, and I don’t think that I’ll have any good ones for the rest of the year so I think you’ve just wrecked it for everybody.”
“I just want to say this: Lanna Lee Maheux-Quinn is one of the most, how can I say it, one of the most powerful beautiful goddess people I have ever met in my life, and just a picture of her in my mind can bring me to a place where I just giggle and celebrate and I feel so blessed and honored to know her. I don’t know if anyone tells you that, but I absolutely adore you.”
Elizabeth A. Webster
These episodes are all great examples of how Lounging with LannaLee Makes a difference.
- LLL071 published on 8/1/2013: A few weeks after the Zimmerman trial, Samuel James and I hunker down to discuss race, politics, music, and how to make the world a better place – we had fun with the tough conversations.
- LLL063 published on 5/30/2013: me and my pal Ida talk about Love and Loss and Life and Death – a heart to heart conversation full of fantastic belly laughter. That conversation with Ida encouraged me to Walk my Walk.
- LLL054 published on 3/28/2013: my friend Elizabeth talks about her work with families who have children with autism, and her passion for helping women find their power, and she wonders “What in the Hell was I Thinking!” Again, there were belly laughs.
- LLL003 published on 3/15/2012: lest you think only recent lounges make a difference, you should take a listen to my conversation with Julie Woods – who will be achieving world domination through love. (Don’t doubt her, people). When I was done with that conversation, I thought I could do ANYTHING. And: Belly Laughs!
- LLL024 published on 08/30/2012: My conversation with Steve Trombulak we talk about how he and his partner helped a village in Ghana make their drums speak again. We also discussed how to help the ecology: it’s not just about hugging the earth hard enough. (We laughed too.)
- LLL067 published on 07/05/2013: When I saw Angela Shelton speak at the #140You conference about how she healed herself after a traumatic childhood, I laughed so hard, I knew I had to get her for the show. She and I had a fantastic conversation on the streets of New York City about her journey and how doing a documentary (where she went around the country meeting a bunch of women named Angela Shelton) changed her life.
Now it’s time to hear your ideas, your truth.
When will my podcast be published?
Because this is a weekly show, I will be recording conversations weeks and months ahead of time. I will contact you one to two weeks before your episode plays.
Where will my podcast be published?
All episodes will be posted here on lannalee.com [and available on iTunes].